If you are looking for a match but not willing to join those specific dating sites, social media dating sites are a great alternative. Did it ever happen to you that you found someone attractive on a social media platform, and you instantly sent a friend request or started following the person? Then you went to the profile to see if the person was single or engaged.
It must have happened to you or any of your friends. Social media is not only about the place where you can find new people, know their opinion, or see advertising of products and services; it is gaining popularity as a dating place. There have been plenty of real stories where people met on social media sites for dating and ended up in a relationship.
Many social media sites are also an excellent place for dating. Many youths prefer social media online dating sites over conventional dating platforms for various reasons. Here are the reasons why dating social media sites are great.
- Extensive and Diverse Userbase. Social media has a large number of users from various walks of life. It allows you to know many people from different places, cultural, religious backgrounds. So, you can find someone as per your preference. The reach of social media is far more than the typical dating sites. Whether you live in a metro city or the countryside, you can find someone in your native place on a social media online dating site.
- Know More About the Member. You can get more information about a user on social media sites than conventional dating platforms. You can not only see the profile of the user but observe the activities of the person. It gives you more details about what the member likes, what kind of posts he follows, and what groups he joins. You can also know about the interests, hobbies, things he/she follows regularly. In short, you can know a lot about the personality of the member.
- Connect Easily. It is easier to connect with someone on social media dating sites than on dating apps. There are more ways to communicate with your friend or follower on those sites. You can like or comment on a post or photo.
Apart from this, you can tag the person on your post as well. However, the most significant thing about these sites is you can send a message, make a voice or video call free of cost. You don’t need to get a monthly subscription to send a message on most of these sites.
A social media dating site is different from the usual dating platforms. You need to create a profile with your name, date of birth, email address, and photo. The sites ask for more details like your background, location; however, those are optional. It is mandatory to verify your email address on these sites. You can also update your phone number if you wish.
Once you verify the email address, your profile will be active. Then you can start following your friends, eminent personalities. Once you start following a person, you will see the user’s post and pictures. In some social media dating sites, you need to send a friend request. The person can accept or deny it.
Some of these sites have an interesting search function. You can search for someone by their name, location, the institute they are studying or working. However, this feature will work when the person updates those details while creating the profile.
You can also see suggestions of people who are on your friend list of your friends. You can visit the user’s profile to see detailed information about the person. You can also see suggestions from different groups. You can join those groups if you find them relevant.
You may need more time on social media online dating sites on some sites as you cannot use filters while searching. You can either search someone by the name they used while creating the profile or get suggestions of the profile who are mutual friends with your friends. Nevertheless, once you find the right person, you can send a friend request or follow it.
You can also send a direct message if they have allowed receiving a message from an unknown person. There are different levels of privacy you can use on the free social media dating sites. You can allow or deny permissions to people to view your timeline, posts, photos depending on if they are your friend or not. There are many customizing options for your privacy, making these sites a lot more secure than typical dating sites.
Most of the social media dating sites have an app. Most people use social media sites on the apps rather than on websites. The apps have a lot of features that the youths like most. The first thing about the apps is they are not only available for free on different apps stores, but you do not have to spend a single penny to use all the features.
You can share unlimited photos, videos, and share your feelings and thoughts on those apps. Some social media dating apps allow you to make video calls as well. The apps have excellent privacy and security features like websites. These features make the apps trendy, especially to the youths.
Most of the social media apps are free. You can download them from the Google play store for Android phones and Apple apps store without paying anything. The apps are entirely free to use; you don’t need to spend anything to send a message or chat online with anyone.
Apart from this, you can create your group and ask other members to join, and you don’t pay anything for that. Some sites may charge you for using some specific features, but there are many free sites.
Here is a list of some of the free social media dating sites.
With so many social media sites available for dating, it is not easy to choose the best site. You may get suggestions from friends, colleagues, or someone else, but what suits someone else may not suit you.
So, you need to understand what you are looking for and the options available to you. Here are the things you should consider before choosing dating social media sites.
- Love or Casual Sex: It is the most crucial thing you need to know before choosing a dating platform. Some of the sites are for the people looking for a long-term relationship, while some are only for one who wants to hook up with someone. If you choose the wrong site, you will waste your time and effort. So, ask yourself if you want to satisfy your heart or adrenal rash and then proceed accordingly.
- Privacy and Security: It is the most crucial factor when you think of joining a social media dating site. You do not want your information to be used by someone without your consent. So, you should read about the privacy policies of the website or app.
It will help you understand that the site does with the information you share. You can also read reviews of the site on different online platforms. Moreover, you need to make sure that you do not share anything that might threaten your privacy and security.
- Free or Paid Site: Are you ready to pay, or you want to use free sites? It is another question you should ask yourself. Free sites may be useful, in fact, better than some paid as well. Some free social media dating sites are excellent, and many people found their love on those sites.
If you talk about Facebook, it has excellent features, and you don’t need to pay anything to use all the features. However, the paid sites have some unique features like dating tips, blogs, and promoting yourself that you usually don’t find in free sites.
- User-Friendly or Not: This is another crucial thing you need to consider while choosing social media dating sites. Some sites may have many features, but it is of no use if you find yourself at sea on those sites. If you are not a tech-savvy person, you need to find a site you can easily use.
- Features and Functionalities: You join a dating site for a purpose. You may look for someone to go on a casual date or a long-term relationship like marriage or friendship. However, the social media dating site must have relevant features that help you find someone you have been looking for. If the features are not useful for you, it does not matter whatever other qualities the site has, it won’t serve your purpose. So, before joining a site, do some research about the site and see if it has the feature that can help you find the right match.
- Spammers and Fake Accounts: It is one of the biggest concerns everyone has while looking for social media online dating sites. Some sites are full of spammers and fake accounts. You will only waste your time and money on those sites. There are some sites where you will be flooded with messages asking you that they want to go on a date with you.
You start receiving those messages the moment you create your profile. Some people get misled by looking at those profiles; these are the photos of some models they update to lure people into upgrading to a paid version. You should avoid those social media dating sites.
Your success on dating sites depends a lot on how you go about using the site. Some people find their matches in a few weeks while some spend years without success. You need to follow a few things while dating on social media. Here are the tips you can follow.
- Be Nice to People. There may be someone who likes you for your work or anything you do, but you might not approach you if you abuse others. So, talk to people nicely even if someone provokes you. If you can’t tolerate someone, you can block or report the person always.
- Don’t Fall After Every Profile. Some people on social media dating sites try to connect with everyone and are always looking for better options. Well, if you have this kind of intention, you will find it challenging to be in a relationship. Imagine you tell similar things to everyone, and two people catch you for the same. It will be a massive embarrassment for you, and your prospective matches won’t approach you.
- Be Genuine. If you want to meet someone for a serious relationship, you must be genuine first. You may need some time, but you will find someone who is made for you. If you are genuine, you can only expect someone to trust you on social media dating sites.